Winter Soups & Stews (Demonstration)
- Thursday, January 10, 2019
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
On a chilly winter evening, there’s nothing more satisfying than a hot bowl of homemade soup.
In tonight’s class, we’ll walk you through the essentials of soup making and show you how to amp up flavours with exotic ingredients and spices. You will learn the key tricks to making homemade chicken stock. We’ll share the secrets for creating unique and creative flavour combinations and we’ll teach you how to season like a pro. Then we’ll some of our favourite winter soups and stews plus two easy breads to serve alongside. Join us and discover how easy it can be to to create, hearty, satisfying soups and stews to share with family and friends.
MENU: Homemade Chicken Stock, Mexican Tortilla Chicken Soup, Squash, Kale and Chorizo Chowder, Hungarian Goulash with Homemade Spaetzle, No-Knead Artisan Crusty Bread and Cheddar, Chive and Garlic Biscuits
What To Expect In Our Demonstration Classes: Great cooking isn’t about recipes – it’s about techniques. Our classes focus on teaching students the methods and techniques to cook healthy, inspired dishes lead by our qualified instructors.
- Classes are for students 16 years and older and are 2 1/2 – 3 hours in length
- Demonstration classes mean you sit-back-and-enjoy while we do the cooking. This is a very interactive experience.
- Demonstration classes have a maximum of 24 guests.
- You’ll enjoy a generous portion of each dish
- You’ll receive 1 Relish point on your Preferred Customer Card plus 15% discount on regular priced retail merchandise the night of the class.