BE MY VALENTINE: From France With Love (Demonstration-Style)
- Thursday, February 14, 2019
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Bring your special someone to our kitchen and enjoy Valentine’s Day with us as we tour around Southwestern France.
In this special “sit-back-and-enjoy” class, owner Donna-Marie will showcase some of her favourite dishes she ate while touring around the French country-side last fall. We’ll start off with an aperitif plate complete with homemade terrine and gougère plus a few favourite french cheeses from the region. Learn the steps and techniques for creating Cassoulet – a classic winter one-pan dish, rich with duck, salt pork, sausage and white beans from the Gascony region. Finally, she will show you how to create the delicious Basque cake – the famous dessert from the region that even has a museum dedicated to it.
MENU: Cheese Gougere, Homemade Duck Pate with Assorted French Cheeses, Cassoulet, Frisee Salad with French Vinaigrette, Traditional Basque Cake with Cherry Filling
1 TICKET = 1 COUPLE
What To Expect In Our Demonstration Classes: Great cooking isn’t about recipes – it’s about techniques. Our classes focus on teaching students the methods and techniques to cook healthy, inspired dishes lead by our qualified instructors.
- Classes are for students 16 years and older and are 2 1/2 – 3 hours in length
- Demonstration classes mean you sit-back-and-enjoy while we do the cooking. This is a very interactive experience.
- Demonstration classes have a maximum of 24 guests.
- You’ll enjoy a generous portion of each dish
- You’ll receive 1 Relish point on your Preferred Customer Card plus 15% discount on regular priced retail merchandise the night of the class.