BE MY VALENTINE: From Mexico With Love (Demonstration-Style)
- Friday, February 15, 2019
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Treat your special someone to an early Valentine’s Date Night out with Chef Hendrik as he presents some show-stopping Mexican dishes.
Tonight Hendrik will start you off with a delicious margarita, freshly fried tortilla chips and his famous recipe called “The Best Guacamole You’ve Ever Had”. You’ll then enjoy an appetizer sized serving of seared shrimp and potato soup. The main course is Cochinita Pibil – succulent pork shoulder marinated in achiote paste and slow cooked with citrus juice and other condiments inside banana leaf packages. Served with white rice pilaf and pickled red onions, the aromas emanating from those packages will make you fall in love all over again! For dessert, Hendrik has been itching to feature his favourite chocolate souffle, but this one will also feature a blood orange sauce spiked with Mexican chiles de arbol. Chiles, chocolate and oranges always go together so well. You won’t want to miss this Mexican food love fest!
ONE TICKET = ONE COUPLE
MENU: Original Margarita, Freshly Fried Tortilla Chips with “The Best Guacamole You’ve Ever Had”, Seared Shrimp & Potato Soup, Cochinita Pibil with Achiote Paste, Pickled Red Onions and White Rice Pilaf, Chocolate Souffle with a Blood Orange Spiked Chile Sauce
What To Expect In Our Demonstration Classes: Great cooking isn’t about recipes – it’s about techniques. Our classes focus on teaching students the methods and techniques to cook healthy, inspired dishes lead by our qualified instructors.
- Classes are for students 16 years and older and are 2 1/2 – 3 hours in length
- Demonstration classes mean you sit-back-and-enjoy while we do the cooking. This is a very interactive experience.
- Demonstration classes have a maximum of 14 guests.
- You’ll enjoy a generous portion of each dish
- You’ll receive 1 Relish point on your Preferred Customer Card plus 15% discount on regular priced retail merchandise the night of the class.