MASTERING THE CLASSICS: French Onion Soup & Roast Chicken (Hands On)
- Monday, February 25, 2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Come into our kitchen and learn to prepare an elegant French meal, inspired by our recent travels to France.
Not all French cooking is about cream, cheese and bread (although there is nothing wrong with that). Tonight we’ll embrace the warmth and comfort of some classic French dishes that are perfect for entertaining family and friends. Learn to caramelize onions as you prepare a traditional soup, topped with bubbling Gruyère, create succulent chicken with trés, crispy skin surrounded by oven roasted vegetables. Finally learn to make a sweet and salty dessert that oozes with deliciousness. Of course we’ll have a little bread on the side to soak up any yummy sauce, but everyone will melt with just how simple a French meal can be to make.
MENU: French Onion Soup with Brandy & Gruyere, Crispy Roast Chicken Legs with Potatoes, Fennel and Herbes de Provence, Salted Caramel Fondant Cake
What To Expect in our Hands-On classes: Great cooking is about more than recipes—it’s about techniques. In our classes you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional instructors.
- Classes are 2 1/2 to 3 hours, unless otherwise noted
- You will work with other students in groups up to 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 12 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive 15% off in-store purchases the day of class