Recipes Worthy Of A Grand Re-Opening
On October 13, 2018, we are hosting our Grand Re-Opening of Relish at our new location, 70 Vitoria Street North, Unit B, Kitchener. Like any good party host, its always important to have lots of tasty nibbles and treats for your guests. We know you would ask for the recipes, so here they are. We hope you enjoy them for your next party.
OUT-OF-THE-BOX Pumpkin Cheese Ball Serves 6-8
- 1.2 pkg (8 oz/250 g EACH) cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or aged Cheddar cheese
- 4 tsp OUT-OF-THE-BOX Hot Sauce (any flavour)
- 2 tbsp red and/or yellow bell pepper minced, reserve the stem
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 bag white corn tortilla chips
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or with an electric hand mixer), combine cream cheese, Monterey Jack, OUT-OF-THE-BOX Hot Sauce, minced pepper and green onion. Mix on medium speed until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Using your hands, shape cheese mixture into a small pumpkin. Crush some of the yellow corn tortilla chips in a plastic bag using a rolling pin.Press crushed chips over all sides of the pumpkin cheese ball. Top with the stem from the bell pepper. Serve the cheese ball with remaining tortilla chips or crackers.
PUMPKIN CRANBERRY SPICED TEA LOAF Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp STONEWALL KITCHEN ORANGE CRANBERRY MARMALADE
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice or (1 tbsp cinnamon + 2 tsp ground ginger + 1/2 tsp EACH ground nutmeg & allspice)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, blend together pumpkin, eggs, sugar, vegetable oil and 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Orange Cranberry Marmalade until well mixed. Stir in dried cranberries just to blend.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift them into the bowl with the pumpkin mixture. Stir until just blended then scrape batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes in the centre of the oven or until the knife inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove pan from the oven and allow to cool on a cake rack.
- When the cake is almost cool to touch brush remaining Orange Cranberry Marmalade on over top.
SAVOURY HOT PEPPER SPREAD Makes 8 – 12 servings
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, finely minced
- 1 8-oz package goat’s cheese, softened
- 1/2 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp Mrs McGarrigle’s Grainy Mustard (any flavour)
- 6 tbsp Loco Lizardo’s Red Pepper Jelly
- 2 tbsp finely chopped basil, parsley and chives
- In a medium sized bowl, combine garlic, jalapeno, goat’s cheese, cream cheese, Mrs McGarrigles Grainy Mustard, Loco Lizardo’s Hot Pepper Jelly and herbs. Mix until uniform. Spoon into serving bowl. Chill until ready to serve. Serve with crackers.
SLOW COOKED HOT SMOKED PULLED PORK SAMMIES WITH APPLE CRANBERRY CHUTNEY
- 3 lb pork shoulder butt roast
- 4 cups root beer or cola (not diet)
- 1 jar (375 mL) PHLIPPENS Smoked Sauce
- STONEWALL KITCHENS APPLE CRANBERRY CHUTNEY or CRANBERRY HORSERADISH SAUCE
- Place pork roast in slow cooker. Cover with root beer ensuring roast is completely covered with liquid. Cover with lid and cook on HIGH power for 4 to 6 hours or on LOW power for 8 to 10 hours.
- Drain root beer from slow cooker, reserving 1 cup.
- Remove pork from liquid and place on a baking sheet with sides. Using 2 forks, pull the pork apart until it is shredded. Place shredded pork back into the slow cooker and add PHLIPPENS Smoked Sauce and reserved root beer cooking sauce. Toss to coat well. Keep meat warm in slow cooker.
- To serve, place meat on sandwich bun and top with STONEWALL KITCHENS APPLE CRANBERRY CHUTNEY, Stonewall Kitchen Cranberry Horseradish Sauce or coleslaw. You can also mix 1/4 cup of the Stonewall Kitchens chutney into the coleslaw mixture with 1/4 mayonnaise. Yum!
Makes 6 to 8 sandwiches.